I‘m sure a lot of our readers already know the health benefits of honey. I have regularly taken a mixture of organic honey and organic cider vinegar in a glass of hot water every morning for years. Not only is it a very pleasant warming drink but also it gives you the energy that you cannot get from your morning tea or coffee.
The value of honey as a beneficial medicinal aid has been known for centuries but it is only in modern times that the folk remedy of using honey has a scientific explanation.
- Honey is produced in most countries of the world by honeybees from the nectar of flowers.
- Honey is sweeter than table sugar and has a distinctive flavor.
- It is accepted by today’s scientists as having medicinal properties.
- The sugar content does not produce any side effects on diabetic patients if taken in the right dosage.
A word of caution according to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honey honey frequently contains dormant endospores of the bacteria Clostridium botulinum, which can be dangerous to infants as their digestive excretions are non-acidic.
In certain cases honey may be toxic to adults, but it is rarely encountered.
These ancient Indian honey and cinnamon curatives have been handed down from generation to generation and, under modern scientific investigation are proving to be effective in aiding many health problems.
- A paste of one part honey to two parts warm water, with a small teaspoon of cinnamon powder added, can be rubbed onto the afflicted joints of the body and massaged in. This should reduce the pain within a minute or two.
- A cup of hot water with two spoonfuls of honey and one spoonful of cinnamon powder taken morning and night is said to cure chronic arthritis if taken regularly.
- To keep breath sweet throughout the day, gargle with 1 teaspoon of honey and cinnamon powder mixed in hot water.
- To destroy the germs in the bladder take 2 tablespoons of cinnamon powder and 1 teaspoon of honey in a glass of luke warm water.
- Research has revealed that advanced cancer of the stomach and bones can be alleviated if a mixture of 1 tablespoon of honey and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder is taken 3 times a day for 3 months.
- To reduce the level of cholesterol in the blood by 10% within 2 hours, drink a cup of 2 tablespoons of honey and 3 teaspoons of cinnamon powder mixed in 16 ounces of tea water, 3 times a day.
- To help clear the sinuses and relieve cold symptoms, take 1 tablespoon luke warm honey mixed with a teaspoon cinnamon powder daily for 3 days.
- Apply a paste of hot olive oil, 1 tablespoon of honey, 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder rubbed into the hair and left for 15 minutes before washing out.
- A paste of honey and cinnamon powder spread onto bread instead of jam and eaten regularly reduces cholesterol and can prevent heart attacks.
- For those people who have already suffered a heart attack, following the above advice can help prevent another one.
- It has been reported that in America and Canada the arteries and veins of elderly nursing home patients have been revitalized using this treatment.
- Scientists have found that honey has various vitamins and iron in large amounts and the daily use of honey and cinnamon powder strengthens the immune system and protects the body from bacteria and viral attacks.
- Constant use of honey strengthens the white blood corpuscles.
- Cinnamon powder sprinkled on 2 tablespoons of honey, taken before food, relieves acidity and helps digest the heaviest of meals
- To cure impotence, take 2 tablespoons of honey before going to bed.
- In China, Japan and countries in the Far East, women who have not conceived have for centuries taken cinnamon powder to strengthen the uterus.
- A pinch of cinnamon powder in a teaspoon of honey rubbed onto the gums at frequent intervals throughout the day so that it dissolves and enters the body, can also help women to conceive.
- A scientist in Spain has proved that honey contains a natural ingredient which has the ability to kill influenza germs.
- Make a tea with 4 spoonfuls of honey, 1 spoonful ofÂ cinnamon powder, and 3 cups of water.
- Drink a cup 3-4 times daily to arrest the ravages of old age, keep the skin soft and increase lifespan.
- Equal parts of honey and cinnamon powder can cure eczema, ringworm and all types of skin infections.
Spots and Pimples
- Apply a paste of 3 tablespoons honey, 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder to the aggravated area before bed. Wash off in the morning.
- To stop toothache, apply a paste of 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder and 5 teaspoons of honey 3 times daily to the affected tooth.
- Honey taken with cinnamon powder cures stomach ache and also stomach ulcers.
- Studies in India and Japan have shown that this will also relieve the stomach of gas.
- Drink a glass of honey and cinnamon powder in hot water in the morning before anything else and an hour before eating. Also drink this at night before bed.
- If taken regularly this should reduce the weight of even the most obese people.
- This drink prevents fat accumulating in the body.
The above remedies are not meant to be used in place of orthodox treatment.
Category: Natural Food